Personal Support Workers (PSW)
My Place Home Care is looking to hire Personal Support Workers that reflect our values.
We expect that each candidate is capable of providing exceptional quality care to our clients with a compassion first mindset. We provide care in a respectful and poised manner and take into consideration all individuals for who they are in order to foster healing and well-being in a holistic manner. We aim to maintain the highest standards of excellence, performance and collaboration with clients, family members and co-workers in a values-based way.
As a personal support worker, you will be responsible for caring for seniors and persons with disabilities and assisting them with ADLs and IADLs.
You should be engaged, punctual, an independent thinker and, the ability to work with limited supervision is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a PSW Certificate or equivalent (You may also quality for the role of the Personal Support Worker if you have at least ONE of the following Personal Support Worker Certificate or NACC certificate if you graduated from a private college, Valid HSW level 2 or 3 ; Health Care Aide or PA+2 Certificate, 2nd Year Nursing RN Completion, Developmental Support worker Certificate, Foreign Trained RN Degree, Foreign Trained Midwife, Foreign Trained Doctor)
- Have a Satisfactory Police Records Check for the Vulnerable Sector obtained within the last 6 months
- Have Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Have Current CPR level C Certificate
- Immunization including your MMR (Mumps, Measles and Rubella)
- Immunization including Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis
- Immunization Polio
- Immunization Hepatitis B
- Negative TB Test or x-ray if applicable required within the last 12 months
- 5 years of experience as a PSW or related position
- Double vaccination for COVID
- Immunization with the Current Flu Vaccine
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to reliable transportation
- Adequate vehicle insurance for transporting clients and business usage
- Fluent in English; French and other languages are an asset.
Must have the following skills:
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Comprehensive analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communications skills
- Very good time management skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Be highly organized.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and consistent
- Be confident in their capabilities and training
- Demonstrate compassion and care for clients and their needs
- Enthusiastic in their vocation
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com
letting us know where you saw this job posting.
Looking forward to hearing from you.